|| If Manufacturing
Had to Play by Software Rules... (All Articles)
I think I've got a good analogy for the outrageous practice
of coding applications in a browser. It's like all the products
of daily living had to be manufactured by the same factory that
makes washing machines, with the same materials, processes,
- Cars wouldn't roll to their destination, they'd spin and
vibrate until they got there.
- Houses would be big metal boxes, really big, and only come
in white or eggshell. Of course there would be only one window/door,
but drafts wouldn't be a problem any more with that water-tight
- Everything would have a motor whether it needs it or not.
For instance, telephones would be a minimum of 1/2 HP.
- Even the simplest processes would now require a wash, rinse,
and spin cycle. Opening the door to your house would take
approximately 45 minutes.
- Beds would be very uncomfortable, but on the plus side you
could centrifuge yourself into utter unconciousness.